Capital Regional Development Council Revolving Loan Fund:
- Provides loans and sub-grants to businesses, non-profits and municipalities located throughout Merrimack and Hillsborough Grafton Counties.
- Supports clean-up activities of environmentally damaged (hazardous materials) sites that are suitable for redevelopment (sites contaminated with petroleum based materials are not eligible).
EPA Brownfields Cleanup Grants:
- Provide funding for a grant recipient to carry out cleanup activities at brownfield sites.
- Eligible entities include: state, local, and tribal governments, or other quasi-governmental entities; regional council or redevelopment agencies; or states or legislatures.
NHDES Brownfields Cleanup Revolving Loan Fund:
- A $4 million loan fund administered by NHDES that provides low interest loans to both public and private borrowers to perform brownfields site cleanups.
- Intended to address the lack of availability of commercial financing for waste site cleanup.
- Prior to approval of a loan the applicant must have their cleanup plan approved by DES.
NHDES Cleanup Grant Program:
- DES may utilize up to 40 percent of its Brownfields Cleanup Revolving Loan Fund grant to make direct cleanup grants (in lieu of loans).
- Highest priority sites are sites with no responsible party, sites that pose a threat to public health and the environment, and sites where redevelopment will benefit the public.
NHDES Petroleum Reimbursement Fund Program:
- A financial assistance program for owners of petroleum storage facilities, and owners of public or private water supplies.
- Provides “excess insurance” for cleaning up contamination at storage tank facilities and provides funding to clean-up contaminated water supplies due to MtBE and other gasoline ethers.
MtBE Remediation Fund:
- Provides funding to sites with MtBE contamination for the following activities:
- Investigation and remediation of MtBE contaminated sites;
- Sampling and analysis of at-risk private drinking water wells within an appropriate radius of contamination source sites;
- Provision of safe, clean drinking water to impacted citizens;
- Installation and improvement of public water supply infrastructure in areas having significant MtBE contamination; and
- Implementation of measures to prevent further MtBE contamination.